Thursday, April 12, 2012

LSGG MOLUS BERSU GIPOL LSZH

Today I reached another level in FSX!


After going through the manual of the brand new PMDG-737NGX I tried to do a flight by myself on a route defined on my own. As I have the beautiful Switzerland scenerery add-on for FSX I chose a short hop from LSGG to LSZH. Flightsimaviation.com calculated a nice route between these destinations and provided the necessary input for the FMC. During setup of the route I struggled quite a bit since the connection between the last waypoint on the airway (in that case BERSU) and the ILS approach (I used rwy 14) has to be defined, finding the proper transition. After a few trials I still managed and afterwards was also able to setup the rest of the cockpit accordingly.
Basically I knew that this is quite a short leg and things need to be done quite quickly one after the other. To overcome that I had to pause the simulation about three times (what nice feature compared to the real life ;-). So I took of and managed to engage the autopilot as needed.  Everything was according plan, eventhough at some point I had to adjust the cruising altitude and during decent I had to engage the spoilers a little bit to reduce speed. 
At the end I somehow made it to Zurich, even using the NGX-autoland function. You cannot believe how great this feeling is. Of course the effect in this special case is multiplied since I did the same landing quite often as a passenger on board of a real aircraft so the scenery looked really familiar. Finally the autoland was perfect of course and I could stop the airplane and leave the rwy via regular taxiway.
Really fantastic!


I'm looking forward to the next experience with the 737 NGX, especially in conjunction with the use of HHG or even IVAO network.


Big smile from Zurich, 
Philipp

No comments:

Post a Comment