Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend at Ayers Rock - rocks!

After shortly deciding to detour my trip over Australia I first touched ground at Ayers Rock (YAYE). Absolutely nice scenery, even though it was dark and night again - the Ayers Rock shone through the windows of the aircraft. Especially the location of the airport is cool, it is just few miles away from that stunning mountain. ATC also did a pretty job, by guiding my approach right around that famous rock. Very nice!
Next day on the way out I left Ayers Rock towards the south of Australia. The second leg lead almost to the coast to Woomera (YPWR). Flight was nice, you could almost see the star constellation through the night (speaking of constellation  - read my next blog ;-). 


Greetings from Woomera, 
PT


Turning final - in front of Ayers Rock
Short before landing, YAYE is really close!

No comments:

Post a Comment