Monday, March 19, 2012

The Pittsburgh Chase

Following the tests last week on Hawaii and on the weekend over Florida I made another attempt intercepting another player on the server. Again mv47 was open to fly his route stable, this time from Europe to New York (KJFK) and later from New York to St. Louis (KSTL). As he was flying vl with the famous Air Zurich International I did not want to bother too much and especially not cause an unwanted 'hardware meeting' in the sky. Due to that fact I tried to be a little bit more cautios.

First attempt was around Newfoundland, where I started from Gander Airport (CYQX). With my DC-10 it was this time quite easy to locate mv47's same DC-10 and to fly various approaches. As I did not want to risk anything I made some safe turns around. See also pictures part 1 below.

Next attempt I made enroute from New York to St. Louis. I started at Altoona Airport KAOO, this time with a newly designed Vampire. Unfortunately the speed locked at 280kt, so I was in now way able to close up to the DC-10 which at that time had a speed of about 460kt. So I changed airplane and airport to Akron (KCAK). With Airfrance's world famous rocket: Concorde I was finally very fast and with mach 1.11 able to quickly join mv47 in the area between Indianapolis and St. Louis. 
Of course with that kind of airplane it is much more difficult to fly approaches, since the speed variability is really very hight. Nevertheless, it is really a lot of fun and I can only recommend to try out same once you are on a multiplayer environment. But please, please keep the rules and do not risk anything. And if you note that the other player feels uncomfortable (you may see it on the chat) please change to another one. We want to keep the virtual life as realistic as possible and therefore unnecessary near-misses are not welcome. 

In that sense - happy landings and interceptions ;-)
PT

Newfoundland:




Overwing-view from mv47 - thanks for the pics!
Pittsburgh - St. Louis


1. Attempt - Vampire





2. Attempt - Concorde



Frontview from mv47 - thanks for the pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment