Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Argyle by night - Aloha Hunter

The first leg in Australia led from Darwin to Argyle (YARG). Unfortunately night was back again, so the beautiful scenery was again in the dark. However, the flight was nice and this time a little bit special. 
For a very long time I haven't seen any other player online and nearby where I was. As you know I am still flying at HippyHappy Germany Multiplayer server in the name of FlyGermany-Lufthansa. Obviously the destinations I touched so far are not the most famous ones, so actually since about London City I haven't met anybody else on screen, other than in the chat or through ATC commands on radio. This time it was different. Myself and mv47 we organized for a meeting on the way from Darwin to Argyle. mv47 actually started from YARG and came in straight on the same track. Around Kununnurra we finally saw each other. While I was following may way on the VL, mv47 did a small teardrop maneuver and followed me on the approach to Argyle. Very nice to finally see anybody else out in the dark :-)
ATC catched me as usual around 55nm out of the destination and this time guided me to rwy 01. So I came across the airport and had to fly as well a little teardrop. With mv47 still behind me I managed to finally land on this small airport in the middle of the dark. After touch down and full stop I turned around to observe mv47's landing. Very interesting to see and quite exciting (see some screenshots below).


Aloha Honolulu


After that nice event we decided to fly together in Hawaii, but this time with a small fighter jet, our famous Hawker Hunter with the swiss army painting. That was a big jump - indeed. Not only geographically but the Microsoft team really did a wonderful job designing this small island in the pacific and of course daylight is definitely a relief after flying almost 11'000nm in the dark.


The experience was awesome. Although it is quite difficult with that plane to control the speed, first test was fantastic and we chased each other around Hawaii. Please also see some impressions in pictures below. We definitely plan to repeat this and continue improving our squadron flying skills.


And... - you may want to watch out while flying on HippyHappy Germany. You may have a wingman without knowing it :-)


Happy Landings and greetings from Honolulu / Argyle.
Phil_Tailor


Rencontre in Argyle Australia - Phil_Tailor and mv47



Aloha on Honolulu
View from mv47's cockpit - thanks for the pics!

Hawker Hunter on 26R - PHNL (Honolulu Intl.)

Chasing around Hawaii




No comments:

Post a Comment